Other Immigration Visas

B-1 Visa

Visitors for business or pleasure must demonstrate that they intend to return to their home country upon the conclusion of their period of authorized stay and that they are entering the United States for a permitted business or pleasure purpose. We will review the purpose of your trip to determine whether the B visa category is appropriate for your visit, draft your visa application and assist you in preparing documentation to help establish eligibility for the visa.   We can also assist companies in determining whether a B-1 visa can be used in lieu of an H-1B visa or other employment-based visa in certain circumstances.

F & M Visas

Students and Vocational Trainees face complex compliance rules. Individuals who fail to maintain a full course load, transfer school programs without authorization or who participate in unauthorized employment are subject to deportation. Our office can evaluate your situation to determine whether your status can be reinstated and assist you in properly documenting your application for reinstatement.

O & P Visa

O & P Visas are set aside for aliens of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, business, and athletics, as well as for individuals coming to the United States to perform as artists or entertainers in culturally unique programs.

Our office will prepare all necessary petitions, applications and supporting documents, review credentials, assess the likelihood of qualifying for such visas, and obtain necessary advisory opinions from trade organizations.

R-1 Visa

Ministers and other religious workers may be eligible for R-1 Visas if they have been members of a religious denomination having a non-profit religious organization in the U.S. for the previous two years.

We will prepare forms, advise on supporting evidence necessary to document the visa petition, and liaison with the Department of Homeland Security and consular officials.

TN Status under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

Under the North American Free Trade Agreement, certain professionals may enter the United States temporarily to work for U.S. employers. Canadian recipients may apply directly at a U.S. Port of Entry or Preflight Inspection Facility without filing a petition or application ahead of time with the USCIS or a U.S. Consulate. Our office will determine eligibility, work with the employer to draft support letters, review all supporting documents and prepare a detailed letter to the Free Trade Officer at the Port of Entry establishing eligibility.

J-1 Waivers

Under section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act certain J Visa holders are subject to a “two-year home country rule” where they must return to their home country or country of the last residence before they will be permitted to apply for H-1B or L nonimmigrant status or apply for permanent residency. Our office will review your case and determine the chances for success in applying for a waiver of the two-year home country rule. If you have a legitimate claim for a waiver, we will represent you before the Department of State and Department of Homeland Security to apply for a waiver. We can also examine whether you may qualify for an O visa as an alien of extraordinary ability, which would delay the implementation of the two-year home country rule.

J exchange visitor Visa

J Exchange Visitor Programs offer employers the opportunity to provide employment training and cultural exchanges to foreign nationals who may not qualify for other non-immigrant work visas. Our office will identify the appropriate J Visa Sponsoring Agency, help you to develop a qualifying training program, liaison with the agency and represent the foreign national in applying for the J visa at the embassy abroad.

H-1B Visa

An H-1B Visa may be available to a person with at least a Bachelors Degree in a specialized area who is being hired by a U. S. Employer to work in a position which requires that specialization.

Our office will prepare all pertinent documentation, advise employers regarding the prevailing wage and other record-keeping requirements of the H-1B program, and represent employers and aliens before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State.

K-1 Visa for fiance/e

A fiance of a U.S. Citizen may qualify for a K-1 Visa, which allows him or her to enter the United States for purposes of marriage. He or she can then adjust status to permanent residency, provided that he or she marries the petitioning fiance within 90 days of entry. Our office will represent you in preparing and filing the initial K-1 petition with USCIS, the visa application at with the U.S. Embassy and the Application to Adjust status once you have entered the United States and have married your fiance.

Request a Consultation