J-1 Waivers

Under section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act certain J Visa holders are subject to a "two-year home country rule" where they must return to their home country or country of last residence before they will be permitted to apply for H-1B or L nonimmigrant status or apply for permanent residency. Our office will review your case and determine the chances for success in applying for a waiver of the two-year home country rule. If you have a legitimate claim for a waiver, we will represent you before the Department of State and Department of Homeland Security to apply for a waiver. We can also examine whether you may qualify for an O visa as an alien of extraordinary ability, which would delay the implementation of the two-year home country rule.