Your intellectual property may be the most valuable asset you own. This could be the name of your company, the logo, or the look and image. We know how important it is to develop and keep them secure. Whether you have been in business for years or you are just starting out, it is critical that you protect your trademark or trade dress.
If you are just starting out, let our attorneys help you save time and resources by making sure you select a mark that is both strong and protectable under the law. If you are already in business, it is crucial that you monitor and enforce your mark. The USPTO, while it adjudicates and maintains the registry of all federal marks, does not enforce them, it is up to each owner to monitor and enforce their marks. By proactively monitoring your trademark, we can send notices to all potential infringers and if necessary, our lawyers can file a legal action against the infringers. While litigation is an option that we leave to the very end, often times, it is the only remaining option to resolving a dispute.
Our Chicago based lawyers have the experience to assist you in the many facets of trademark and trade dress protection. Feel free to give us a call to see how we can assist you.
- Assistance Selecting a Mark Registrable with the USPTO
- Comprehensive Trademark Clearance Searches
- Federal Trademark Registration at the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- State Trademark Registration
- Trademark Availability Opinion Letters
- Response to Office Action
- Trademark Cease and Desist Letters
- Trademark Petitions to Cancel
- Trademark Monitoring
- Registration Maintenance/Renewal/Correction
- Trade Dress Protection
- Trademark Assignment
- Agreements (joint development, licensing, royalty, distributorship)
- Trademark Infringement Litigation